In this week’s episode, I talk about the importance of asking for what you want both at work and at home. If, like me, you worry about seeming too pushy or greedy or you’re just plain scared of being told ‘no’, then this episode is just for you. It’s time to put aside your timidity, shyness and fear of rejection and stop expecting others to know what you want and provide it in the form that you want it. It’s not their job to drive your life and career, it’s yours. If this fills you with dread, don’t worry. Asking is just another skill. Do it often enough and you’ll master it.
In this episode:
- The gender pay gap has occurred for many reasons. Not asking for what you want is one of them
- How to ask for what you want at work
- How to ask for what you want at home
- How a ‘no’ provides the ingredients for a future ‘yes’
- Book: Women Don’t Ask by Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever